Reopening the Church
Reopening plans June 20th,2021
1. indoor worship 1st and 3rd Sunday of the month
2. outdoor 2nd and 4th Sunday (indoors if raining)
3. Masks mandatory inside
3. Refrain from passing a collection plate during the offering; have stations where people can place offerings and/or provide them with online giving options.
4. Sharing the peace will be the peace sign.
5. Communion will be brought to you.
6. Prepackaged communion
7. Physical distancing may be relaxed based on various factors and recommendations from
officials. If not comfortable, sit with your own family group
8. If individuals are not feeling well, they are asked to stay home and worship online if possible.
9. Sunday school, Adult Bible Study can resume
10. People will be asked to fill the church front to back and empty the church by ushers, back to front.
Building will be cleaned with special cleaners weekly.
Rev. Drew G. I. Hart, PhD is an author, activist, and professor in theology in the Bible and Religion department at Messiah University. He attained his MDiv with an urban concentration from Biblical Theological Seminary, and he received his PhD in theology and ethics from Lutheran Theological Seminary-Philadelphia. His work beyond teaching and writing has included pastoring in Harrisburg and Philadelphia, working for an inner-city afterschool program for black and brown middle school boys, delivering lectures and leading anti-racism workshops, and collaborating with faith-based organizers in his neighborhood.
Dr. Hart’s book, ‘Who Will Be A Witness; Igniting Activism for God’s Justice, Love, and Deliverance’, is featured during our May, synod-wide book study.
Presenter: Rev. Carla Christopher-Wilson
Presenter: Rev. Erich Kussman
MC’s: Rev. Elizabeth Eckman & Rev. Jay Eckman